Fan Sports Penguins Logo In Running of the Bulls

7278 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
kevin

Total Posts: 35

Topic on Jul 21, 2010 03:52 PM

Throughout the Penguins’ run of success the past four years we have seen numerous examples of die-hard fans professing their love for the team in many unique ways. This week brought about yet another example of a fan going above and beyond to prove he bleeds black and gold.

Jason Falce, a college student at Ohio University, was in Barcelona, Spain participating in a two-week consulting program doing spa research when he got the urge to head to Pamlona, Spain for the annual running of the bulls event.

During the running of the bulls, all participants wear plain white t-shirts as they run through the streets hoping to not get trampled. Falce, a life-long Penguins fan since the team’s back-to-back Stanley Cup championships in 1991 and ’92, decided he wanted to stand out a bit in the crowd.

“I knew everybody was going to be wearing white, so I thought it would be cool to go with a Penguins shirt within all the plain white,” Falce reasoned. “That was the only shirt that I took that was a plain, solid t-shirt. I took a couple business shirts.”

Falce’s picture was taken following the running when all of the runners congregate to the bull ring and are then given a half hour to dodge the baby bulls following the run.

In addition to showing off the Penguins’ logo as he ran, Falce also found the running to be as fun as he always envisioned, even if he never did get up close and personal with the large animals.

“I was among the group that walked ahead of the bulls and got within 10 yards of them, but I didn’t run and touch them or anything like that,” Falce said.

Now that Falce is back in the states, he can look forward to another successful school year of flaunting his Penguins gear around a campus that features more Columbus Blue Jackets partisans than Pittsburgh fans.

“Going to school in Ohio, the people are predisposed to hate Pittsburgh,” Falce laughed. “I like to wear my Penguins gear up there to show off my Pittsburgh pride to all the Columbus fans in the Ohio region.”

Pittsburgh. Pamplona. Columbus. It doesn’t matter where you are if you are a Penguins fan – our supporters show off their colors no matter where they go.

Reply to Topic

Logo of the day

Please enter your email address receive daily Logo's in your Email!